Stairway to Health
Developing a Stairway to Health Program
is a fun and easy way to get employees active in the workplace.
From downloadable point of choice posters
(the most effective option as indicated by research) to virtual
challenges, this interactive website provides you with the
tools you need to develop and manage a stairway to health
program. All you need to do is register!
Did You Know?
- Physical Activity improves health. A little is good, but more is better.
- Canada's Physical Activity Guide recommends building physical activity
into all aspects of daily life- at home, at work, at school, at play and on the
way- that's active living.
- Daily living activities like climbing the stairs significantly
contribute to the 30 minutes of physical activity we all need...
- Using the stairs burns twice as many calories as walking.
- Regular stair users have greater leg strength and aerobic
capacity than non climbers.
- Taking the stairs is often faster than waiting for the
Stairway to Health is a partnership between Public Health Agency of Canada and the Canadian Council for Health and Active Living at Work (CCHALW) with a special thanks to Ottawa Heart Beat.
Developed in partnership by:
Canadian Council for Health and Active Living at Work