Report on Sexually Transmitted Infections in Canada: 2008
[Previous] [Table of Contents]
- a, b, c Public Health Agency of Canada. Canadian Guidelines on Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) 2008 Edition: PHAC, 2008. http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/std-mts/ sti-its/guide-lignesdir-eng.php
a, b, c Fleming DT, Wasserheit JN. From epidemiological synergy to public health policy and practice: the contribution of other sexually transmitted diseases to sexual transmission of HIV infection. Sex Transm Infect 1999; 75:3-17.
- ^ Holmes KK, Mardh PA, Sparling PF et al. Sexually transmitted diseases 3rd ed. Mcgraw-Hill, 1999.
- ^ Sarwal S, Wong T, Sevigny C, Ng LK. Increasing incidence of ciprofloxacin-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in Canada. CMAJ 2003; 168:872-3.
- ^ Ota KV, Jamieson F, Fisman DN, Jones KE, Tamari IE, Ng LK, Towns L, Rawte P, Di Prima A, Wong T, Richardson S. Prevalence of and risk factors for quinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in Ontario. CMAJ 2008; 18:287-90.
- ^ Plitt S, Boyington C, Sutherland K, Lovgren M, Tilley P, Read R, Singh, AE. Antimicrobial resistance in Gonorrhea: The influence of epidemiologic and laboratory surveillance data on treatment guidelines: Alberta, Canada 2001–2007. Sex Transm Dis 2009; 36:665-9).
- ^ Manitoba Health. The descriptive epidemiology of sexually transmitted infections (STI) and blood-borne pathogens in Manitoba: 2002–2003. Manitoba Health. 2008.
- ^ Gratix J, Honish L, Mashinter L, et al. Case series descriptive analysis of a primary syphilis outbreak in Edmonton, Alberta, July 2004–April 2006. Can Commun Dis Rep 2008 Mar; 33(6):61-7.
- ^ Jayaraman GC, Read RR, Singh A. Characteristics of individuals with male-to-male and heterosexually acquired infectious syphilis during an outbreak in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Sex Transm Dis 2003 Apr; 30(4):315-9.
- ^ Ogilvie G, Knowles L, Wong E, et al. Incorporating a social networking approach to enhance contact tracing in a heterosexual outbreak of syphilis. Sex Transm Infect 2005 Apr; 81(2):124-7.
- ^ Patrick DM, Rekart ML, Jolly A, Mak S, Tyndall M, Maginley J, Wong E, Wong T, Jones H, Montgomery C, Brunham RC. Heterosexual outbreak of infectious syphilis: epidemiological and ethnographic analysis and implications for control. Sex Transm Infect 2002 Apr; 78 Suppl 1:i164-i169.
- ^ Régie Régionale de la Santé et des Services Sociaux de Montréal-Centre. Bacterial STIs make a comeback! Prévention en practique médicale. 2002. 9-24-0080.
- ^ Toronto Public Health. Infectious syphilis on the rise in Toronto – information for health care providers. Toronto Public Health. 2005.
- ^ Wheeler C. Surge in syphilis prompts warning: disease breaks out among users of gay bathhouses. Ottawa Citizen 2001 Mar 28.
- ^ CBC News. N.W.T sounds alarm about syphilis comeback. Retrieved December 15, 2009 from http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2008/11/07/nwt-syphilis.html
- ^ Singh AE, Sutherland K, Lee B, Robinson JL, Wong T. Resurgence of early congenital syphilis in Alberta. CMAJ 2007;177:33-6.
- a, b, c Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System: Notifications of a selected disease by age group, sex, and year. Retrieved December 2, 2009, from http://www9.health.gov.au/cda/Source/CDA-index.cfm
a, b, c Health Protection Agency. Selected STI diagnoses and diagnosis rates from GUM clinics in the UK: 2003–2008. Retrieved December 2, 2009, from http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203348026613
a, b, c Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance, 2008. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; November 2009.
[Previous] [Table of Contents]