ARCHIVED - Report on Sexually Transmitted Infections in Canada: 2008
This page has been archived.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
[Previous] [Table of Contents]
- a, b, c Public Health Agency of Canada. Canadian Guidelines on Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) 2008 Edition: PHAC, 2008. http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/std-mts/ sti-its/guide-lignesdir-eng.php
a, b, c Fleming DT, Wasserheit JN. From epidemiological synergy to public health policy and practice: the contribution of other sexually transmitted diseases to sexual transmission of HIV infection. Sex Transm Infect 1999; 75:3-17.
- ^ Holmes KK, Mardh PA, Sparling PF et al. Sexually transmitted diseases 3rd ed. Mcgraw-Hill, 1999.
- ^ Sarwal S, Wong T, Sevigny C, Ng LK. Increasing incidence of ciprofloxacin-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in Canada. CMAJ 2003; 168:872-3.
- ^ Ota KV, Jamieson F, Fisman DN, Jones KE, Tamari IE, Ng LK, Towns L, Rawte P, Di Prima A, Wong T, Richardson S. Prevalence of and risk factors for quinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in Ontario. CMAJ 2008; 18:287-90.
- ^ Plitt S, Boyington C, Sutherland K, Lovgren M, Tilley P, Read R, Singh, AE. Antimicrobial resistance in Gonorrhea: The influence of epidemiologic and laboratory surveillance data on treatment guidelines: Alberta, Canada 2001–2007. Sex Transm Dis 2009; 36:665-9).
- ^ Manitoba Health. The descriptive epidemiology of sexually transmitted infections (STI) and blood-borne pathogens in Manitoba: 2002–2003. Manitoba Health. 2008.
- ^ Gratix J, Honish L, Mashinter L, et al. Case series descriptive analysis of a primary syphilis outbreak in Edmonton, Alberta, July 2004–April 2006. Can Commun Dis Rep 2008 Mar; 33(6):61-7.
- ^ Jayaraman GC, Read RR, Singh A. Characteristics of individuals with male-to-male and heterosexually acquired infectious syphilis during an outbreak in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Sex Transm Dis 2003 Apr; 30(4):315-9.
- ^ Ogilvie G, Knowles L, Wong E, et al. Incorporating a social networking approach to enhance contact tracing in a heterosexual outbreak of syphilis. Sex Transm Infect 2005 Apr; 81(2):124-7.
- ^ Patrick DM, Rekart ML, Jolly A, Mak S, Tyndall M, Maginley J, Wong E, Wong T, Jones H, Montgomery C, Brunham RC. Heterosexual outbreak of infectious syphilis: epidemiological and ethnographic analysis and implications for control. Sex Transm Infect 2002 Apr; 78 Suppl 1:i164-i169.
- ^ Régie Régionale de la Santé et des Services Sociaux de Montréal-Centre. Bacterial STIs make a comeback! Prévention en practique médicale. 2002. 9-24-0080.
- ^ Toronto Public Health. Infectious syphilis on the rise in Toronto – information for health care providers. Toronto Public Health. 2005.
- ^ Wheeler C. Surge in syphilis prompts warning: disease breaks out among users of gay bathhouses. Ottawa Citizen 2001 Mar 28.
- ^ CBC News. N.W.T sounds alarm about syphilis comeback. Retrieved December 15, 2009 from http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2008/11/07/nwt-syphilis.html
- ^ Singh AE, Sutherland K, Lee B, Robinson JL, Wong T. Resurgence of early congenital syphilis in Alberta. CMAJ 2007;177:33-6.
- a, b, c Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System: Notifications of a selected disease by age group, sex, and year. Retrieved December 2, 2009, from http://www9.health.gov.au/cda/Source/CDA-index.cfm
a, b, c Health Protection Agency. Selected STI diagnoses and diagnosis rates from GUM clinics in the UK: 2003–2008. Retrieved December 2, 2009, from http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203348026613
a, b, c Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance, 2008. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; November 2009.
[Previous] [Table of Contents]