This page has been archived.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada , you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Learning from SARS - Renewal of Public Health in Canada
A report of the National Advisory Committee on SARS and
Public Health October 2003
Please note that this document was published by Health Canada
prior to the announcement of the establishment of the Public Health Agency of Canada on
September 24, 2004. Any reference to Health Canada should be assumed
to be to the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Help on accessing alternative formats, such as Portable Document Format (PDF), Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (PPT) files, can be obtained in the alternate format help section.
Learning from SARS - Renewal of Public Health in Canada (PDF Document - 1.18 MB - 234 pages)
Table Of Contents
The members* of the National Advisory
Committee on SARS and Public Health were:
- Dr. David Naylor, Dean of Medicine at the University of Toronto
- Dr. Sheela Basrur, Medical Officer of Health, City of Toronto
- Dr. Michel G. Bergeron, Chairman of the Division of Microbiology
and of the Infectious Diseases Research Centre of Laval University,
- Dr. Robert C. Brunham, Medical Director of the British Columbia
Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver
- Dr. David Butler-Jones, Medical Health Officer for Sun Country,
and Consulting Medical Health Officer for Saskatoon Health Regions,
- Gerald Dafoe, Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Public Health
- Dr. Mary Ferguson-Paré, Vice-President, Professional Affairs
and Chief Nurse Executive at University Health Network, Toronto
- Frank Lussing, Past President and CEO of York Central Hospital,
- Dr. Allison McGeer, Director of Infection Control, Mount Sinai
- Kaaren R. Neufeld, Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer
at St. Boniface Hospital, Winnipeg
- Dr. Frank Plummer, Scientific Director of the Health Canada National
Microbiology Laboratory, Winnipeg (ex officio)
This publication can also be made available in/on computer diskette/large
print/audio-cassette/Braille upon request.
For further information or to obtain additional copies, please contact:
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
Tel.: (613) 954-5995
Fax: (613) 941-5366
© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, 2003
Publication Number: 1210 Learning from SARS: Renewal of Public Health in Canada
*The Committee was materially assisted
through corresponding members of the US Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention and the World Health Organization.