About the Agency
Who We Are
What We Do
To promote and protect the health of Canadians through leadership, partnership, innovation and action in public health.
Healthy Canadians and communities in a healthier world.
The role of the Public Health Agency of Canada is to:
- Promote health;
- Prevent and control chronic diseases and injuries;
- Prevent and control infectious diseases;
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies;
- Serve as a central point for sharing Canada’s expertise with the rest of the world;
- Apply international research and development to Canada’s public health programs; and
- Strengthen intergovernmental collaboration on public health and facilitate national approaches to public health policy and planning.